Fourth Claim Paragraph
Research by [name of expert or research group] established another fact proving the [reality/unreality] of global warming: [Insert direct quote from research that supports your thesis.]
- Measurable changes in the sea level, air temperature and atmospheric gas levels confirm a warming trend.
- A warming trend in our climate is causing the melting of earth's glaciers and ice caps which will cause the sea levels to rise and pose an imminent threat to coastal regions.
- The health of the ocean is failing due to increased temperature, causing mass deaths of fish and the overgrowth of dangerous algae.
- Models used by scientists to predict climate change generally show an overall warming trend.
- Scientific research does not prove that a current warming trend suggests imminent danger.
- There is not a large enough body of research to support the theories.
- There is not enough historical data available.
- The models used by scientists to predict climate change are unreliable and many have been proven wrong.
EasyBib Guide to Global Warming Research
NASA Home Page for Climate Change
U.S. Global Change Research Program Home Page
Global Warming and Its Effects Essay
608 Words3 Pages
Global warming is an increase in the earth's temperature due to fossil fuels, industry, and agricultural processes caused by human, natural, and other gas emissions. This results in an increased emission of greenhouse gases. Climate changes occur in our earth's atmosphere due to a buildup of greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases can occur naturally as well as a result of human activities. Problems can occur when higher concentrations of greenhouse gases are present in our atmosphere because they have enhanced our earth's heat trapping capability. There are many misconceptions about global warming. Some believe that pollution causes global warming, but the fact is global warming is the result of burning fossil fuels, coal, and oil that…show more content…
Automobiles, heat from homes and businesses, and factories are responsible for about 80% of today's carbon dioxide emissions, 25% of methane, and 20% of the nitrous oxide emissions. The increase in agriculture, deforestation, landfills, industrial production, and mining contribute a significant share of emissions too The Centers for Disease Control have been involved in studying global warming's effect on human health. Global warming is a danger to a human's health. Its affect on climate can adversely affect humans. Plagues have been attributed to global warming. An increase in temperature can result in a longer life cycle for diseases or the agents spreading them. Living in a warm area makes egg production a quicker process. Global warming will lead to more precipitation, which enables infectious diseases to be more easily contracted and spread. Effects of global warming on human health might not be immediately detected. Birds are a species that will be affected by a change in the climate. Global warming might result in birds finding a more permanent home in northern areas in the Northern Hemisphere. The ecosystems of fish will be affected by global warming in a variety of ways. The chemical composition of water could be changed. Fish may migrate to different areas. Other animals could be affected also due to changes in climate and habitat. Global warming can affect our future