120 Creative Problem Solution Essay Topics and ideas for College and University Students
Problem solution is a method of evaluating and writing about a topic. Identifying a problem and proposing one or more solutions should be a key factor in your essay. You may also call this type of essay as argumentative as the writer seeks to persuade the target audience to take a standpoint concerning specific issues.
How to Write a Problem Solution Essay
Pick a topic
Try to think of things that personally bother you in your work, home town, school, community, church, clubs and other general areas.
Make a list of the problem in this groups that you encounter in your interactions in the group. If you have ever had the “aha moment” and thought this would have been done better, there you go a great topic for your essay.
Finding a solution
Remember your essay is all about solving problems, so a solution should be a highlight of the essay. Always offer concrete solution and expound to your reader why it is the best solution. If your solution calls for a series of steps or actions to be ensued, have them presented in a logical order. Your reader should know that your solution is not only the best from any other solution but it is cost effective, feasible etc.
State problem and explain why a solution needs to be figured out. Good to mention at this point who should be concerned about this problem. A personal experience, frame story, and others can make good introduction ideas and description of the problem. Seamlessly state your solution briefly in a thesis statement or by way of a question.
The number of paragraphs depend on the number of solutions. This is the part that the solution should be started clearly and in depth. An evidence that the solution offered works will go a long way to convince the reader. By refuting a possible objection logically.
Tell the reader of how the situation will change once the solution is adopted. Cite convincing statistics briefly or an expert testimony to wrap up. End with a call to action this will show confidence that the author has with the solution provided.
List of 120 Problem Solution Essay topics in different subject categories
- Lack of communication between spouses.
- What prevents couples to get therapy?
- How can you help a partner who is depressed?
- How to end an abusive relationship?
- How can peers persuade each other not to take drugs?
- What can be done to prevent rising numbers of divorce?
- How to determine an unhealthy relationship.
- Should couples switch of their phones while they are at home? Has social media taken over lifes?
- How can barriers be broken between groups?
- How can you intervene on a friend making bad choices in life?
- Can college be made more affordable?
- How best can a college student balance work, class and social life?
- Problem with your dorm mate? How to effectively handle the misunderstanding.
- How can college students get into more shape than when they were in high school?
- How can a college student avoid procrastination?
- How can racism be prevented in colleges?
- How can radicalisation in colleges be prevented?
- How can college students know the dangers of extreme partying?
- How can extreme fraternity practises be abolished in colleges?
- How to deal with cultural diversity in colleges.
- What should be done for women’s sports to have more sponsorship and media attention.
- What should be done to avoid conflict among supporters of different teams in a stadium?
- Are there other career choices for retired athletes apart from coaching?
- How can sports journalism gain respect from bias reporting in the past.
- Is your government doing enough in setting up sports talent academies?
- How can athletes avoid doping at all costs?
- Sports betting has turned out fatal at some instances. How can it be avoided?
- Should there be a monopoly in a sports network like ESPN?
- Coaches who fail to respect the opinion of the kids, the impact this has on the kid’s life.
- Is gayism/lesbianism starting in our locker rooms?
Check out : Sociology Essay Topics
- How can we make schools and learning institution’s safe?
- How should learning institution’s balance sports and learning?
- Sex education is very sensitive topic. Should it be done by the teachers or parents?
- How to ensure zero truancy in schools?
- How can politics be put aside in learning institutions.
- How can school bullying be put to an end.
- With dual career parents how can they be involved in their kids learning?
- Maths anxiety is real. How can schools make this subject friendly?
- Should struggling students repeat a grade?
- What is redshirting and the possible solutions?
- How can a state deal with illegal immigrants?
- How can a government ensure literacy is improved?
- Sexual assaults in colleges and how to avoid.
- What prevents people with suicidal tendencies not to get help?
- Overpopulation in urban settings.
- Has the society embraced the transgender?
- Should muslim women be allowed to wear the face veil at work in a non muslim country?
- Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles?
- Legalisation of same sex marriages?
- Should the rich pay more taxes?
- Teenagers relationship with parents most of the times is not at its best, what are the solutions.
- Do pushy parents make or break their children?
- Family violence either against children or spouse.
- An alcoholic or drug addicted parent?
- Overprotective parents?
- An overly critical parent?
- How to avoid angry outburst in front of the children.
- How to avoid frequent arguments with your spouse or children.
- Infidelity. How to mend a family after.
- Blended families. How to effectively bring them together.
- To decongest roads, how can the public be encouraged to use public transport?
- How can pedestrian safety be improved?
- First mile/last mile how do we solve this problem?
- Environment impact and energy consumption.
- Can carpooling ease congestion on our roads?
- Gas tax increase is it justifiable?
- Toll roads is it a problem or a solution?
- Transportation problems with people with disability.
- What are the worst traffic violations and solutions to curb them.
- What are the best solutions to avoid deaths due to drunk driving?
- Climate change, what laws and policies will address this pertinent issue?
- Should fracking be made illegal?
- How can environmental accidents like oil spills be prevented?
- Water pollution is a global growing problem, what are the solutions to end this?
- Mishandling of hazardous waste causes long term risks how can we prevent this?
- Poor disposal techniques are bringing about soil pollution how can we avoid this?
- Deforestation is posing a problem to the globe. Give solutions to prevent it.
- How can carbon dioxide emission from cars be reduced?
- Growing population is coming up with environmentally destructive practises like landfills.
- Should coverage on environmental injustices be aired to the public?
- What is the best way to prevent teens from joining gangs?
- What can be done to stop radicalization of terrorist groups?
- Does childhood poverty lead to a life of crime?
- There is an increase in a white collar crimes what are the solutions?
- Crime among children how can it be avoided?
- How to deal with public gun violence?
- What ways can the government deal with police brutality?
- Will reexamining the drug crime policy help in curbing the vice?
- Methods lawmakers can put in place to curb human trafficking.
- Should incarcerated parents be allowed to see their children?
- How can the high unemployment rate be lowered?
- Should governments pass laws to prevent foreclosures?
- Dispute resolutions in the workplace what are the solutions?
- Should all workers join unions to avoid exploitation?
- What should the government do to avoid child labor?
- Consumer debt is choking most citizens in the US what is the solution?
- Should there be student protection against banks and loan institutions predation?
- What can the government do for startups sustainability from closing down within the first year of business.
- Globalisation has come with business uncertainty what are the solutions of this trend?
- A successful business must apply strategic thinking what problems will this solve?
Provide solutions for the topics
- Is religion a problem or the solution?
- Peer pressure.
- Fad diets.
- Drug addiction.
- Runaway children.
- School drop outs.
- Has critical thinking gone down the drain with students quick to turn to internet for answers?
- How can colleges ensure that assignments are submitted on time? Now students have changed from the “dog ate my homework” to my computer has crashed?
- How can schools improve the use of technology by teachers?
- Is yesterday’s technology today’s problem?
- Advancement of technology is good what are the problems that artificial intelligence will pose and what are the solutions?
- What problems have electronic signatures posed and what are the solutions?
- Have phone apps made us so dependant on technology?
- Online breech. Will security of passwords like fingerprinting or iris detection help curb the vice?
- Is there a winning solution for a cashless society?
- Should cars have an app to switch off a driver’s phone who want to text while driving?
Still stuck with your essay? Check out buy college essay
Do you know what a problem solution essay is? If not, then the first thing to know is that you should start by looking at a number of topics before choosing one that is suitable. After that, you will need to:
- Provide a detailed explanation of the problem;
- Recommend a suitable solution;
- Develop an argument that shows your solution is practical, capable of being achieved and cost-efficient;
- Say why your suggested solution is the best one.
Are you finding it difficult to choose a topic for your problem and solution essay? Take a look at the following list of ideas. Do not forget you can adapt any of these suggestions to suit your own purpose or circumstances.
Is driving a passion of yours? If it is, then the following problem and solution essay topics may interest you.
- How should people who are caught texting when driving be punished?
- Are there any improvements that could be made in your area to make driving a less stressful and more pleasant experience?
- How can parking be improved in a congested or busy area you are familiar with?
- Can people be taught to become better drivers and, if so, how?
- Should the use of public transport be better promoted and what incentives should people be given to use it?
- Are there any changes that could or should be made to existing speed limits and traffic laws to encourage better driving?
- Is the education for learner-drivers in your state good enough or is there room for improvement?
- Could the learner-driver laws in the state you live in be improved so that people become better and more careful drivers?
- What do you consider to be the most serious driving violations and is there any way these can be eradicated?
- How do you think deaths related to drink-driving can be prevented?
Topics on College Life
This problem solution essay topics list relates to college life where there are usually a number of good and bad issues to consider.
- Can students become better at exams and tests and, if so, how?
- Is there any way of reducing student procrastination?
- How can homesickness be dealt with most effectively?
- Is there an effective way to balance work, study and an active social life?
- Can college environments be made safer? How?
- Recommend ways of reducing stress amongst college students.
- What is the best criterion for choosing a college?
- Is it difficult for parents to let their children go when they begin college and what are the most effective ways to let go?
- What can students do to encourage their parents to given them their independence?
- How would you help a suicidal friend?
- What is the best way of asking or getting your parents to increase your allowance?
- What is the best way of dealing with problematic roommates?
- Is there anything you can do if those in the dormitory or apartment next to you are too noisy?
- When students start college, what should they do to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet?
- Is there any way of making college education less costly for students? Should at least part of student education be government-funded?
- What is the best way of coping when something a student hopes for does not happen, for example, if they don’t get the scholarship they hoped for or a place on the course they wanted?
- Are there any ways of improving attentiveness in class?
- Are there any study techniques a student can use to improve their grades?
- What are the most effective ways of managing attendance e.g. at lectures, classes, etc.?
- How can colleges help students when they fall behind and should a student’s parents be allowed to know their grades?
- What are the best ways of managing student finances?
- How can students stay fit and healthy if their favorite sport isn’t offered at their new college?
- How can colleges encourage students to actively take part in politics and elections on campus?
- How should students decide whether to rush a sorority or fraternity?
Topics on Education
Here is another list of problem solution essay topics for college students.
- What can be done to provide students who are especially talented or gifted with suitable education?
- How should schools cater for special-needs students in order to serve them better?
- What is the best way of dealing with students who are disruptive and/or have behavioral problems?
- Should other languages such as Chinese or Arabic become compulsory for every student?
- What is the best way of making home-schooled students ready for college?
- Is there any way college education can be improved for students who have learning difficulties?
- How should cheating at school be handled and are there any preventative steps that can be taken?
- What is the best way of helping children who are failing in class or finding it difficult to keep up at school?
- Should schools do anything to address child obesity and, if so, what can they do?
- Should all schools operate by the same core curriculum and what do you suggest that curriculum contain?
- Should schools focus more on physical education (PE) with a view to building healthier and fitter communities?
- Should colleges and schools put more funding and resources into sports, fine arts and similar activities?
- How could your school or college be improved?
- What could or should be done to tackle bullying, violence and other types of anti-social activities in schools?
- Should conventional textbooks be replaced with digital media? Is there a case for every student having an iPad or laptop? Are schools adapting well to changing technologies?
Parenting and Family Matters
Parents and family are something every writer identifies with so here are a few topic ideas, which may help, especially if you are just learning how to write a problem solution essay.
- If parents are to help their children avoid eating disorders, how can they encourage them develop a healthy view of their bodies?
- Do you believe parents are responsible for their children’s body weight and how can families with obese children be helped?
- Is it important for parents to teach religion to their children and how can they do this?
- How can parents teach their offspring to manage money effectively?
- How can parents manage the way their children use cell phones and other technologies such as social media?
- How should parents discipline children and what are the most effective ways of doing this?
- Are there any ways that adoption rules should be changed so that children are given the opportunity of a loving family before they outgrow the welfare system?
- What is the best advice for parents who put too much pressure on children to achieve?
- What is the best way of helping families to cope with a child who has a mental illness?
Topics on Relationships
Everyone is concerned in some way with relationships. The following are some ideas that may help with your problem solution essays.
- What are the best ways of removing barriers so that we can communicate better with people who differ from ourselves in terms of culture, race and socioeconomic circumstances?
- What are the best ways of dealing with people who are manipulative and/or domineering?
- What advice would you offer someone in an unhealthy or unsuitable relationship?
- If you thought your friend was making poor lifestyle choices, what advice would you give them?
- Do you think texting has affected personal relationships for better or worse? Should or can anything be done to make sure the modern generation understands the difference between “real” and “virtual” relationships?
- Is there anything individuals and society as a whole can do to move away from stereotyping and racism?
- How would you help someone with depression symptoms?
- When a relationship is ready to move on from “friendship,” what is the best way to achieve this?
- What is the best way for a woman to let a man know she likes him? Do you think she should suggest a date?
Topics on Society
- What are the best ways of preventing divorce?
- What are the best ways of preventing teenage pregnancy?
- What are the best ways of eliminating or preventing racism?
- What is the best way of helping homeless people?
- How can young people be prevented from trying or using drugs?
- What are the best ways of helping those who suffer domestic or family violence?
- How can the number of deaths caused by drink driving be reduced or prevented?
- How can young people be encouraged to drive more safely?
- Modern media is often accused of portraying too much violence and making pornography too easily available. How can children be protected from the adverse effects of these?
- What can be done to improve literacy?
- What can be done to encourage people to live healthier lives e.g. by taking more exercise, not smoking, etc.?
- What are the best ways of helping school and college leavers to find employment?
- How should the increase in gun-type crime be tackled?
- How can prisoners be rehabilitated so that they become valuable members of society?
- What is the best way of dealing with illegal immigrants?
- What is the best way of dealing with terrorism?
- When a couple divorce, how can society help their children succeed academically, be happy and build solid relationships and/or marriages?
- What changes can be made to the welfare system to help people get out of poverty?
- What can be done to eliminate people trafficking?
- How can society strike a balance between freedom of speech and an individual’s right not to be insulted or abused?
- How can we ensure that proper healthcare is available to people everywhere in the world?
- Is there any way your locality can be made more friendly for cyclists and pedestrian?
Here are a few final ideas for a problem solution essay.
- How can athletes mentally prepare for occasional or even frequent defeat?
- Is sports training too difficult for young children? How should youngsters be taught their chosen sport?
- How can steroid use be limited or eliminated in sport?
- How should someone prepare if they are to succeed at a particular sport?
- Can anything be done to make your local sports team more successful and/or can local support be improved?
- How can professional sportsmen and women mentally prepare themselves for injury or even retirement?
- Do you think your favorite sporting venue could be improved and how?
- How can coaches incentivize their players to improve performance?
- How much payment do you think players of your favorite sport should get? Should payments be somehow divided or capped?
- Should those who participate in college sports get paid? Can colleges improve the effectiveness of athletics and sports education?
- Could the media cover a sport you follow better? Do some games get better coverage than other types?